DESCRIPTION: Imagine no breaking news, no sweeps, and a chance for you to be in greater control of your creative destiny! Red Apples Media, a multi award-winning, multimedia video production and marketing company in Leesburg, FL is looking for a ROCK STAR! This Videographer/Editor will serve multiple roles all with one overall purpose – insure the highest level of creativity and quality content while adhering to the clients’ needs and the Core Values of the company. This position reports directly to the president of Red Apples Media and works very closely with the other members of the creative team.
We produce long and short form video content for cable, web, social, corporate, events, etc. Clients range from medical, construction, not-for-profits, educational, governmental, tourism, agencies, special events etc.
You are creative and collaborative. you know how to balance quality production skills with speed and timelines. You thrive in a team environment and have the ability to shift gears (mentally and creatively) on the fly. You want to be part of something rather than just punch the clock. You bring ideas, experience and caged creativity that your current situation has not given you the outlet to explore.
Must be proficient in Adobe CS including Premiere and After Effects. Experience with shooting HD/4k and DSLR cameras. Knowledge of field and location lighting, audio and setting up a great looking shot is critical as well. We also have gimbals, time lapse, live streaming and drone capabilities.
We’re looking for innovation, creativity and a passion for video production while also recognizing the critical need to staying within brand as required.
This is a full time in-house position, initially as a contractor for the first 30 day probationary period. Position will be converted to a staff position during an additional 60 day probationary period.
- 2+ years professional or educational experience in a similar role.
- The absolute highest level of honesty and integrity… period.
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, outgoing, comfortable in public settings, confident, able to adapt to different client and staff demands and personalities.
- Willingness to pitch in to help despite lack of process knowledge. Trust me, you’ll learn
- Able to work occasional nights and/or weekends, generally with advance notice (otherwise this is generally a 9a – 5p position)
- Lake/Sumter residents preferred. Commuters welcome but candidates must be willing to work in-market (sorry, no remote candidates for this position). Knowledge of the Lake County/Villages community – geography, community leaders, decision makers, organizations, etc. preferred
RED APPLES MEDIA OFFERS
- Nearly 13 years of established growth and community/client credibility
- Creative and high-energy environment (not for people who are only comfortable with predictable days and responsibilities).
- Flexibility in hours as situations dictate (We believe in “Family First”).
- Occasional opportunity to work from home as needed.
- Seven (7) paid holidays – Following 90 day probationary period.
- 40 hours paid time off (following first year), 80 hours paid time off (following second year), 120 hours paid time off (following fourth year and ongoing).
- Generous commission structure for generating new business.
- $100/yr annual anniversary bonus up to $500/yr.
- Contribution towards personal gym membership.
- Auto mileage reimbursement for company business travel.
- $15 – $17.00/hr starting based on experience. Eligible for additional company performance bonuses.
SUMMARY – If interested… We mean, REALLY interested…
- This is a unique opportunity with a unique company. Do your research before you apply — Visit our Facebook page, YouTube channel and website. Please submit your best pitch including cover letter, resume, and samples of work (online links are best). Generic cover letters tell me you’re not passionate about this position so let’s not waste your time or mine, please. Knock Our Socks Off at: Marc (at) RedApplesMedia.com