DESCRIPTION: Imagine no breaking news, no sweeps, and a chance for you to be in greater control of your creative destiny! Red Apples Media, a multi award-winning, multimedia video production and marketing company in Leesburg is looking for a ROCK STAR! This WRITER/PRODUCER will serve multiple roles all with one overall purpose – insure the highest level of creativity and quality content while adhering to the clients’ needs and the Core Values of the company. This position reports directly to the president of Red Apples Media and works very closely with the other members of the creative team.
We`re looking for a Jack/Jane of many trades and talents with a particular emphasis on writing and producing everything from health and medical segments, to short and long form marketing videos and local programming.
If on-air is also one of your talents, we have plenty of opportunities for the right person.
Additional experience in shooting, interviewing, editing and web/social media impresses us even more.
Our clients include medical, real estate, not for profits, and travel/tourism – to name a few.
Commuters welcome but candidates must be willing to work in-market (sorry, no remote candidates for this position) on a 90 day probationary contract.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge of media, marketing, video production is a bonus but not required):
- 2+ years professional or educational experience in a similar role.
- The absolute highest of honesty and integrity… period.
- Extensive knowledge of the Lake County/Villages community – geography, community leaders, decision makers, organizations, etc. preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, outgoing, comfortable in public settings, confident, able to adapt to different client and staff demands and personalities.
- Willingness to pitch in to help despite lack of process knowledge. Trust me, you’ll learn
- Able to work occasional nights and/or weekends, generally with advance notice (otherwise this is generally a 9a – 5p position)
RED APPLES MEDIA OFFERS
- This is a designed to be a full time contract position.
- Creative and high-energy environment (not for people who are only comfortable with predictable days and responsibilities).
- Flexibility in hours (We believe in “Family First”).
- Occasional opportunity to work from home as needed.
- Seven (7) paid holidays – Following 90 day probationary period.
- 40 hours paid time off (following first year), 80 hours paid time off (following second year), 120 hours paid time off (following fourth year and ongoing).
- Generous commission structure for generating new business.
- Contribution towards personal gym membership.
- Auto mileage reimbursement for company business travel.
- $16 – $18.00/hr starting based on experience.
- This is a unique opportunity with a unique company. Do your research before you apply — Visit our Facebook pages and websites (RedApplesMedia.com, LakeSumterTV.com, HometownHealthTV.com) and learn who we are, what we do, how we do it and why you think you’re the missing piece of an exciting puzzle. Please submit your best pitch including cover letter, resume, and samples of work (online links are best). Generic cover letters tell me you’re not passionate about this position so let’s not waste your time or mine, please. Knock My Socks Off at: Marc (at) RedApplesMedia.com