LSTV Master Control Operator (Immediate Opening, posted 1.14.19)
Lake Sumter TV is a public-access TV station serving up to 200,000 households in Lake and Sumter Counties, The Villages and surrounding areas. This station is the product of a partnership between Lake-Sumter State College, Lake County and Red Apples Media. Red Apples Media runs the operations of Lake Sumter TV (LSTV).
The Master Control Operator fulfills an integral role at Lake Sumter TV to include running daily operations, trouble-shooting any challenges that would hinder daily operations and maintaining a proactive and open line of communication within the LSTV/Red Apples Media team and outside stakeholders. The Master Control Operator is also responsible for monitoring the quality of and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out.
Day To Day Tasks
- Operates recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer-based systems
- Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system
- Monitor on-air signals for quality control
- Integrates all video content into the LSTV system
- Creates the schedule and maintains multiple calendars for all LSTV programming
- Troubleshoots technical problems that arise – don’t worry, we’ll teach you
- Contributes to the progress of processes and efficiencies
- Maintains open lines of communication with appropriate stakeholders with regards to maintaining the schedule and trouble shooting
- Attends all team meetings, generally once a week on Mondays
- Perform other duties as assigned
You Might Be A Good Fit In This Role If:
- You have a strong attention to detail and lean towards being a perfectionist.
- You are a self-starter and disciplined enough to manage your own time without constant direction and oversight.
- You work well under pressure and enjoy meeting deadlines.
- You don’t mind working alone and communicate well through phone and email. You’re very comfortable working on and with computers.
- You don’t mind being a utility player and jump up and into action when you see a need.
- You have a lot of experience with and enjoy data entry and pride yourself on an efficient process and consistent accuracy.
- You’re comfortable working with FTP sites, google calendar and other web-based software.
- You enjoy learning new things.
- Your friends and family always tell you how positive you are and appreciate your upbeat can-do attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Experience with Google Suite
- Computer literate and technically-oriented
- Strong background in computer data entry, scheduling, process flow
- Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a fast learner
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
Flexible schedule working 40 hours per week. This position requires a person living within a comfortable commute to Leesburg, Florida. Rare need for nights and/or weekends.
Benefits Of Working With Us
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Flexible schedule
- On-the-job training
- Paid holidays*
- Paid time off*
Got what it takes? Send your resume to Marc(at)RedApplesMedia.com