Currently Open Jobs – Here’s your chance to join the “bunch.”
LSTV Master Control Operator (Immediate Opening)
Lake Sumter TV is a public-access TV station serving up to 200,000 households in Lake and Sumter Counties, The Villages and surrounding areas. This station is the product of a partnership between Lake-Sumter State College, Lake County and Red Apples Media. Red Apples Media runs the operations of Lake Sumter TV (LSTV).
The Master Control Operator fulfills an integral role at Lake Sumter TV to include running daily operations, trouble-shooting any challenges that would hinder daily operations and maintaining a proactive and open line of communication within the LSTV/Red Apples Media team and outside stakeholders. The Master Control Operator is also responsible for monitoring the quality of and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out.
Day To Day Tasks
- Operates recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer-based systems
- Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system
- Monitor on-air signals for quality control
- Integrates all video content into the LSTV system
- Creates the schedule and maintains multiple calendars for all LSTV programming
- Troubleshoots technical problems that arise – don’t worry, we’ll teach you
- Contributes to the progress of processes and efficiencies
- Maintains open lines of communication with appropriate stakeholders with regards to maintaining the schedule and trouble shooting
- Attends all team meetings, generally once a week on Mondays
- Perform other duties as assigned
You Might Be A Good Fit In This Role If:
- You have a strong attention to detail and lean towards being a perfectionist.
- You are a self-starter and disciplined enough to manage your own time without constant direction and oversight.
- You work well under pressure and enjoy meeting deadlines.
- You don’t mind working alone and communicate well through phone and email. You’re very comfortable working on and with computers.
- You don’t mind being a utility player and jump up and into action when you see a need.
- You have a lot of experience with and enjoy data entry and pride yourself on an efficient process and consistent accuracy.
- You’re comfortable working with FTP sites, google calendar and other web-based software.
- You enjoy learning new things.
- Your friends and family always tell you how positive you are and appreciate your upbeat can-do attitude.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Reliable mode of transportation
- Experience with Google Suite
- Computer literate and technically-oriented
- Strong background in computer data entry, scheduling, process flow
- Work well within a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and a fast learner
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times and able to perform in a high-pressure environment
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
Flexible schedule working 40 hours per week. This position requires a person living within a comfortable commute to Leesburg, Florida. Rare need for nights and/or weekends.
Benefits Of Working With Us
- Opportunity to grow within the company
- Flexible schedule
- On-the-job training
- Paid holidays*
- Paid time off*
Videographer/Editor (Immediate Opening) at Red Apples Media
DESCRIPTION: Imagine no breaking news, no sweeps, and a chance for you to be in greater control of your creative destiny! Red Apples Media, a multi award-winning, multimedia video production and marketing company in Leesburg is looking for a ROCK STAR! This Videographer/Editor will serve multiple roles all with one overall purpose – insure the highest level of creativity and quality content while adhering to the clients’ needs and the Core Values of the company. This position reports directly to the president of Red Apples Media and works very closely with the other members of the creative team.
We produce long and short form video content for cable, web, clients, etc. Clients range from medical, construction, not-for-profits, educational, governmental, tourism, collegiate, etc.
You are creative and collaborative. you know how to balance quality production skills with speed and timelines. You thrive in a team environment and have the ability to shift gears (mentally and creatively) on the fly. You want to be part of something rather than just punch the clock. You bring ideas, experience and caged creativity that your current situation has not given you the outlet to explore.
Should be proficient in Adobe Suite, Premiere, FCP is a bonus, HD and DSLR video shooting. Knowledge of field and studio lighting, audio and setting up a great looking shot is critical as well. Want to produce some of your own work too? We provide that entrepreneurial atmosphere.
No breaking news. no sweeps. no ratings. no prima donnas. Just talented, hard working, creative veterans who love what we do, who we do it for, and who we do it with.
IMMEDIATE OPENING – This is initially a 40 hour contract position with a 90 day evaluation period.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge of media, marketing, video production is a bonus but not required):
- 2+ years professional or educational experience in a similar role.
- The absolute highest commitment to honesty and integrity… period.
- Extensive knowledge of the Lake County/Villages community – geography, community leaders, decision makers, organizations, etc. preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, outgoing, comfortable in public/client settings, confident, able to adapt to different client and staff demands and personalities.
- Willingness to pitch in to help despite lack of process knowledge. Trust me, you’ll learn
- Able to work occasional nights and/or weekends, generally with advance notice (otherwise this is generally a 9a – 5p position)
RED APPLES MEDIA OFFERS
- This is a designed to be a full time contract position.
- Creative and high-energy environment (not for people who are only comfortable with predictable days and responsibilities).
- Flexibility in hours (We believe in “Family First”).
- Occasional opportunity to work from home as needed.
- Six (6) paid holidays – Following 90 day probationary period.
- 40 hours paid time off (following first year), 80 hours paid time off (following second year and ongoing).
- Generous commission structure for generating new business if you are interested.
- Contribution towards personal gym membership.
- Auto mileage reimbursement for company business travel.
- Hourly rate based on experience.
- This is a unique opportunity with a unique company. Do your research before you apply — Visit our Facebook pages and websites (RedApplesMedia.com, LakeSumterTV.com, HometownHealthTV.com) and learn who we are, what we do, how we do it and why you think you’re the missing piece of an exciting puzzle. Please submit your best pitch including cover letter, resume, and samples of work (online links are best). Generic cover letters tell me you’re not passionate about this position so let’s not waste your time or mine, please. Knock My Socks Off at: Marc (at) RedApplesMedia.com